Thursday, December 4, 2008

September 29, 2008 - I Quit!

**This is from the archives...

I may seriously considering quitting watching sports! This past weekend was not a great one for me and my teams. It started Saturday afternoon in Morgantown. I went up for the annual Friends of Coal Bowl between Marshall and West Virginia. And for the first time in this series, we, Marshall, actually thought we had a chance to win, but after that first quarter, it was like déjà vu from the last time we were up there. As you know, the Herd went down 27-3 (Three points, that's it, we scored 14 against Wisconsin, and we had so many trips into their red zone, and just came up empty!).

I do have to say the West Virginia fans were much more courteous this year. I only had two fans say "f&#k the Herd!" Way to step it up. Two years ago, it was horrible (I guess that's what happens when you're not doing as good as you thought you would this year!).

Then, Sunday, back from Morgantown, it's time to watch my beloved Cincinnati Bengals. What a match-up – Bengals versus the Cleveland Browns, in the Battle of Ohio. Both teams were 0-3, somebody had to win! And that somebody was the Browns.

Should I quit watching sports? No, that's impossible. Should I be a bandwagon fan and just cheer for teams that consistently win (like North Carolina, Penn State, Duke, Steelers, and Cowboys fans)? No, losing just builds character. Go Herd, and Go Bengals.

To wrap this up, today Nickelback released their new single, "Gotta Be Somebody," and it's a killer track. We've got it setup where you can download it for 24 hours through our website. In my last blog, I talked about how I got to hear, what I thought was, the new single, "If Today Was Your Last Day." At the last minute the record guys decided to change singles and go with "Gotta Be Somebody." I was bragging on here that I heard the new Nickelback single before everyone else, but in the end, nope, I heard it today just like you! Both are hits, so it’s all good.